New Part 107 Rules (2021)
As you may have heard, the FAA recently released new Part 107 rules, which will go into effect on March 1st, 2021.
We know that new rules can seem overwhelming, but don’t worry! We’ll tell you everything you need to know.
1. Remote ID
2. Flight Over People/Flight At Night
- You can fly at night if you meet both requirements:
1. You have taken the updated initial exam or the updated online recurrent training.
2. Your drone must have anti-collision lights that are visible from 3 statute miles and has a sufficient flash rate to avoid a collision.
- There are additional requirements if you want to fly your drone:
1. over a group of people, or
2. over a moving vehicle.
Both rules will become effective on March 1, 2021.
For more information, please refer to the following resources: